Frequent questions (FAQ)
- Is Grain Free the healthiest way to feed my pet?
- What if my pet does not like Husse
- Should I rotate the food I am feeding my pet?
- Is beet pulp a good or bad ingredient?
- Does using a protein meal mean there are by-products?
- How do I know how good a food is compared to another?
- Does Husse make prescription foods?
- Is it true that I will feed my dog less if the food is good quality?
Is Grain Free the healthiest way to feed my pet?
- Not always. If your pet has diabetes then your vet may have suggested grain free. If you are feeding your pet grain free because of a grain allergy please consult with your Husse professional because if you have never tried a GMO free grain it may be worth a try. If your pet is one of the pets that truly needs to eat grain free our Opus Ocean is as good as it gets. High protein and very low glycemic index.
What if my pet does not like Husse?
- Husse always provides a money back tase guarantee. Just let your Husse professional know if your pet did not enjoy their Husse feed.
Should I rotate the food I am feeding my pet?
- Unlike humans, pets actually do not like to change foods frequently. Their system has to adjust when they have to digest something they are not used to. Often abruptly changing food can cause diarrhea. There is a theory that it may help avoid allergies, but the most common allergies are to protein. If you want to rotate a protein please consult your Husse professional to choose a recipe that will not cause upset.
Is beet pulp a good or bad ingredient?
- Beet pulp is a great source of fiber. It will often be in lower fat recipes to promote colon health and stabilize blood sugar. Some say it produces reddish tears that stain the facial fur of light-colored dogs. Yet beet pulp isn’t even red in color, it’s white. Others claim beet pulp causes ear infections. However there is not any scientific studies factually linking this ingredient to any of them.
Does using a protein meal mean there are by-products?
- ABSOLUTELY NOT. A quality grade meat meal can actually be a more abundant source of protein than the whole meat from which it was made. If there are meat by-products used in the meal the ingredient list would say that. Husse only uses human grade meat for their meal.
How do I know how good a food is compared to another?
- This can be very difficult for consumers. There are some online grading sites but unfortunately they are limited in the factors that are considered and they are often not authored by qualified nutritionist. For example; one of the most commonly used sites is authored by a dentist and there is no consideration given to questions such as: Are ingredients GMO free? Are they human grade? Where are they sourced? What type of production process was used? In their defense- it is nearly impossible to know some of these factors, especially if the food is produced in the United States. USDA, FDA or AAFCO do not require producers to disclose these things. So their grading system is very basic and only uses the info found in the ingredient list on the label.
Does Husse make prescription foods?
- Husse does not make prescription foods that would be found only in a vet office. We do however produce a variety of recipes that we often will reccomend to meet the needs of specific health issues your pet may have. Your Husse professional can tell you if there is a Husse recipe to meet your needs or if you should seek a prescription from your vet.
Is it true that I will feed my dog less if the food is good quality?
- Yes. Back to that digestibility percentage…whatever is not used to nourish your pets body is what you are picking up in the back yard. So if your pet is absorbing 10 to 15 percent more nutrients from one food than another they will need less of it. So it is also true that you will have less poop to pick up with high quality foods. Always ask for guidance from a professional when you are trying to determine the proper amount to feed your pet because there are many factors to consider and it is impossible to provide feeding instructions for all animals.
Specially developed for active cats and cats with sensitive skin Exclusive Ac...
High in protein and fat – Super Premium food for dogs Opus Ocean (salmon ...
husse litter tray
GRAIN FREE - High in protein and fat, low in carb - Opus Lynx is a grain free fo...